Saturday, August 21, 2010

People-watching at its finest

Airports are such a crazy place, aren't they? I mean, where else do hundreds of people gather just for the sake of traveling for hundreds of miles - for business and pleasure alike?  There are happy hellos, tearful goodbyes, laptops galore, and more Starbucks cups than some cities probably produce in a week.  It sure is fun to people-watch here.

You never know what sorts of people you'll see.  On my first trip of the semester, it was a load of [roudy] debate team kids, two of which I had the pleasure of sitting next to on the 2-hour flight.  Last week, it was a tiny kid dragging a suitcase twice his size followed by his parents watching in amusement.  Then, it was an older gent jamming out to what sounded like Bob Marley as he waited to board.  Today, I saw a 20-something man carrying a huge pink Vera Bradley bag.  (OK, clearly it was his wife's, but still...)

You get my drift. I think I should start a photo journal about it.  Much like this blog which cracks me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment