Thursday, September 22, 2011

Point. Set. Match.

I went to my first Iowa State volleyball game tonight, and boy, did it bring back a whole slew of emotions.  I miss the sport, the camaraderie, and the competition.  I found myself thinking about and missing a bunch of things:
  • Pre-game dinners with the team
  • Playing the rival school and going to five sets (and winning)
  • All day Saturday tournaments
  • The exhilaration I felt when being in the perfect position to dig a ball
  • The thrill of a block, by any teammate
  • Post-point cheers
  • Being in incredible shape from workouts and games
  • The intensity of the competition
Hopefully, I'll find a way to play here sometime soon.   I'm working on being OK with randomly joining a team through the city recreation center, but I worry that I'm going to be way too competitive and not find any fulfillment in playing.  For now, I'll use my energy to cheer on the No. 16 Iowa State team! Go Cyclones!

No comments:

Post a Comment