Saturday, January 23, 2010

Patience

This blog post is by Matt Maher, a Christian musician, who I had the awesome pleasure of seeing a couple of years ago in concert. Since then, I've kept up with his blog, and this one today especially spoke to me: http://www.mattmahermusic.com/blog.php.

Patience is definitely a virtue to be learned, but how do we go about doing it? What does it look like to fully give up control and wait on His timing? I mean, eventually, we have to make decisions in our lives, right? So how do we do that and still feel God's presence in the decision?

I think part of the issue is my struggle with active waiting. Sometimes I tell myself that I'm waiting while the real deal is that I'm not thinking about it at all (aka apathy). Instead of praying for patience and the peace to wait, I just ignore it all. So silly, right?

He is working, but my attention isn't on his message to me through prayer. I feel challenged to follow His grace while developing the power of prayer in my daily life.

No comments:

Post a Comment