Sunday, January 31, 2010

All of your soul...

The chapel I have been attending for the past month is the campus chapel at Florida Southern College. The chaplain is covering a series on "The Great Awakening", focusing on being great at the greatest commandment:

Jesus replied, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment" Matthew 22:37 (NIV)
Last week, we covered what it was like to love the Lord with all of your heart. Today's message was all about loving the Lord with all of your soul, and I couldn't help but wonder... what does that feel like?

I get so caught up in wanting to know and love God in my mind- the intellectual, logical, "make sense" sort of way. And that is part of it (I'll wait for next week's message...), but what would it be like if I really, wholly loved God with all of my inside? We are often preached to about a faith of deduction, but what about induction? What if all reasoning went out the window, and we were left to share God's love just because we feel it as a part of our being? I get so caught up in not wanting to just feel God in my life because I tend to think it's shallow, but to be moved in that way... to know that God is working and moving and using us... that's awesome. And really, AWEsome. That feeling of awe and wonder enough to move you to your knees in worship; that is God taking over your soul. How marvelous!

No comments:

Post a Comment