Monday, February 15, 2010

Watch the Olympics!


I haven't had a TV for this whole month, but last night, I had the luxury of staying in a hotel, so I definitely was ready to take advantage of the 40+ channels! Well, I ended up watching the Olympics the whole night, and man, was it worth it. How cool that we have an event where representatives from the whole world get together and have fun?! I watched the men's and women's moguls freestyle skiing and saw Alexandre Bilodeau (Canada) win for the men and Hannah Kearney (USA) win for the women. I'm sort of embarrassed to say, too, that I got emotional watching them on the podium. What a moment. They have been training for 4 years and to finally feel that sort of accomplishment... Wow. That is awesome. It was so cool to see them reach their goals and to be so humble and excited for what the win meant for other people in their lives. If you aren't familiar with Alexandre's story, check it out.

So watch the Olympics! There are quite a few fun events to watch in the Winter Olympics too. Take some time this week to check in on them, and get into it!

No comments:

Post a Comment